Sunday 6 August 2017

 
It has been another eventful, exciting and super busy week.

Last weekend I visited my friends in Bangalore, where I ate my first custard apple, ate traditional Gujurati food and met my friends family, with whom I played jenga, learnt matchsticks tricks, witnessed some fine paper-cutting and watched Boss Baby the movie.

 
I also experienced my first Indian nightclub. I had a good dance and was definitely out of place in my Indian dress.




 
Back to the workshops and the boys at the hostel completed the walls! Hurrah! And it looks amazing.




 
Shiny happy heads. Crowns have continued, because everyone wants to make crowns, just like everyone wants to make masks.


 
Their can be problems with letting students handle my camera, the positive is that I can see what the have been up too when my mind is over occupied. For them to be able to use and access the camera is just an add on to their creativity, and majority of time material is great! And sometimes I watch back videos and think, I was there, but I didn't really register what happened. I have too much else happening to take it in properly.
These two photos are taken from a video. Look at how happy they are!



 
The Girls Group at Arni saw magic happen before their eyes when I introduced sunprint paper. I think they enjoyed the thrill of how fast we could develop these prints. Every time we would count down, before pulling out the paper.






 
We then sat in the room where I store the arty goods and the students work. 2 rooms connected by a little open space. As the girls worked on their paper flower designs, I headed into the other room to switch off the fan, and quick as a flash the cables flew out of control wrapping around the dying fan. Well I did some kind of mission impossible dive across to where the girls were sitting and scared the living daylights out of them as well as myself.







 
Rain has been pouring more here now, so when my poorly shoes started to collect mud leaving wet, brown footprints everywhere, I decided it was time to throw them into the bin. So the next few weeks I shall just be phillip philloping around town.



The teachers made this beautiful person at the staff meeting. Now he stands protecting those in the office.




This Saturday we organised a little party down at the learning disability school, where I gave the children certificates and an arty gift. I set up a little show of the work, for the parents to see. It's incredible to meet such inspiring people, families, teachers and children alike. I am proud to be a part of it.
 



 
Yoga continues and meditation is introduced. My Cookbook of Jhansi's recipes is slowly filling up. And I feel finally I am quite good at this hand-washing business. Life lessons to bring back to England. And check out this exciting desert... A Falooda full of surprises!!!


3 comments:

  1. When I see the amazing work you have done and how happy the children are I feel sad for them you are leaving . But I will be so pleased to see your happy face again . You are amazing !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog Lucy. Amazing experiences you are having and contributing so much to these people's lives. Well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to read as always, they are so happy (I love the crowns) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete